"Hay Day" Street Party
Saturday 25th September from 11:00
Please join us for a day of fun and entertainment for all ages in Hay-on-Wye. This will be a fun family event to celebrate and demonstrate a better future without cheap oil: featuring
• Street party and children’s entertainment in Castle Street (closed to traffic for the event) including puppet making, hopskotch and parachute games for children 4+
• Children’s bike rides along Castle Street and games including dancing,
singing and face painting
• Cycling proficiency and wheelie competitions
• Make a smoothie using pedal power
• ‘Get back on your bike’ – free advice to help you repair your bike
• Get your house ready for Winter and save money. Free energy saving advice and discounted materials
• The Festival of British Cinema at venues across Hay. See www.filmfestivalhay.co.uk
• Ale & Literature Festival at The Kilverts. See www.thehaybrewery.co.uk/festival
• Find out about wind and solar energy.
• Try an electric bike
• Food and Music
• Find out about allotments and community gardening
• Join in the food miles and story competition
Plus stalls from: The Household Energy Service, Wye Solar, CO2 Sustainable Architecture, Drovers Holidays, FJ Williams, No 2 Clothes and shoes, Dial A Ride, The Hay Town Council and Powys County Council.
With thanks to our sponsors: FJ Williams, McCartneys, bwa design, The Mayor of Hay, CO2 Sustainable Architecture, Booths Bookshop and the Isis cafe.