Bicycle maintenance workshops in Lampeter
Learn how to maintain your bike. It's easier than you think!
Tutor: Graham Marsh, Millypeds
Venue: Cellan Millennium Hall
Sunday 16 Jan 10.00-12.00
Sunday 23 Jan 10.00-1.00
Sunday 30 Jan10.00-1.00
The workshops are all free. Places are limited so please book early.
Who is it for?
Anyone is welcome to attend some or all of these workshops.
However, if you are a beginner, we strongly recommend that you attend the first 2 hr session.
2hr starter session doing an “M” check, sizing the bike, simple adjustments, checking tyres and pressures.
Just bring yourselves for this one.
23rd and 30th Jan:
Please bring your bikes to these two sessions so that you can learn your way around your own bike.
If you don’t have a bike, Graham can provide one but will need to know beforehand.
Each session is 3 hrs.
What will be covered?
• Comprehensive M-shape check (an M-shape check is a routine for checking the condition of your bike).
• Brakes covered in depth; changing brake cables and brake blocks.
• An overview of disc brakes and the differences between cable and hydraulic disc brakes.
• Headset adjustment, threaded & threadless.
• How gears work + correct use of gears (cycling skills).
• Comprehensive gear adjustments, front and rear + changing the rear gear cable.
• How to check chain wear (and the consequences of leaving it too long) and removing/splitting the chain.
• Bottom bracket maintenance.
• Electric Bikes