Cae Poeth Update
Tthis weekend's VOLUNTEERS' WEEKEND at Cae Poeth Nature Reserve is taking place on Friday and Saturday. 10-4 each day. The Sunday has been cancelled, sorry to anyone who was planning to come up then.
WE'll be admiring the river in full spate and building dead-hedge, woven willow and 'rustic' fencing from materials found on site, also enjoying the warmth of the fire and beauty of the landscape in Winter.
Hope to see you there, please phone for details - directions are at the bottom of this email.
1. Go out of Machynlleth past the golf course to Forge
2. At Forge, just before the bridge, turn right (sign says it's a dead end road but don't worry!)
3. Continue for about a mile - out of Forge and past the caravan / Ty Gwyn forest school site on right. Take the next left, signed BLAENYPANT. This takes you (in about a minute) up to the brow of the hill
4. Just over this brow, turn left
5. then fork right into Cae Poeth farm
Please park at the top, by the house. Then on foot, follow the track down through the farm buildings (dogs will woof but are chained up, otherwise they fight each other) and through the fields/woods.... its an obvious track but we'll stick up arrows to mark the way, just in case! It takes about 10 mins to walk down to the reserve - after about 5 you'll see the lake.
This is a working farm so please and sorry! - no dogs.