Cae Poeth Tadpole Bonanza!
This Friday and Saturday, 13th and 14th May, we'll be down at the beautiful Cae Poeth Nature Reserve from 10 - 4 each day - come and join us! Apart from anything else there's the most tadpoles I've ever seen in my life in the lake!
Here's what we've got planned:
1. Rebuilding the compost loo screen (not, as previously advertised, bramble weaving - sorry, they aren't long enough yet - we'll maybe do the 'giant bramble screen challenge' this Autumn!)
2. Creating a new path (you decide where) and building a bench somwhere along it.
3. Playing 'hunt the oak saplings' - wading gently through the willow and birch and finding seedlings that need a bit of help: clearing around them to enourage diversity of regrowth
4. Adding to the brash fence on the lower path
5. Finishing the lean-to shelter
6. Clearing a path through the mound of shale at the bottom of the main track
7. and, of course, chatting round the firepit and generally wandering round enjoying the site.
Come for as much time as you wish - free lifts available to/from Machynlleth at 9.45 am (there) and 4pm (back), please phone in advance if you need a lift - hot drinks provided, please bring your own lunch - FRI AND SAT ONLY as we'll all be at Ysgol Bro Ddyfi for Seedling Sunday on 15th - it's a working farm so please and sorry! - no dogs - directions below:
Hope to see you there - please pass the word on to anyone else who may be interested,